LAST UPDATED: February 10, 2020
1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
These terms apply to the use of games and other products developed by Green Games SRL (‘Green Games’ / ‘we’ / ‘us’). Our registered office is at Corso Firenze 39/3, Genoa, Italy.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use information we collect about you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
The Online Services may contain hyperlinks to services owned and operated by third parties. These third party services may have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies and other tracking technologies whilst using these services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data.
a) Information provided by you when using the Games
We will collect the following information from you when you play our Games:
- your mobile device’s unique device ID (Device ID) and device name;
- your user preferences; and
- Core information related to your gameplay, such as your overall progression to a particular level or stage, your virtual currency stores or the completion of certain activities during your gameplay (for example, completing a tutorial, passing a level, making a purchase or viewing a video ad).
b) Information used for the purposes of serving advertisements
Through our third party advertising network partners, we may gather information about your devices when you install or play our Games, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. This may include:
- the make, model and operating system of your device;
- properties of your device, such as screen size and orientation, audio volume and battery;
- the mobile network operator linked to your device;
- the Games played;
- the country, time zone and locale settings on your device (i.e. country and preferred language);
- network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- MAC address;
- internet browser used to access the Games; and
- the advertiser ID, which is an identifier unique to you if you use an Apple or Android device, but which doesn’t reveal your name.
c) Information collected for the purposes of providing analytics
We may collect technical information about your use of the Online Services through the use of tracking technologies and analytics. Personal data we may collect includes the following:
- your Device ID;
- your user ID (which is generated by us and allocated to you when you first play our games);
- your device operating system & version;
- your device make and model;
- game play attempts, progression and results;
- session game time start, end and duration;
- purchase transaction types and spend you have made using virtual items in the Games;
- the country of your Device;
- the time, date and install source of your first download (e.g. from a clicked advertisement);
- advertisements viewed and clicked; and
- identification of crashes and defects.
d) Information about you collected from third parties
When you access the Games via a third party social media provider such as Facebook, we may collect and store personal and non-personal information which is available on that third party social media provider, such as your Facebook name, your profile picture or its URL, your Facebook ID and other public data of your friends, provided that you have expressly agreed to the use of Facebook within the Games. We will also receive technical data in order to ensure the Games connect to the correct Facebook account.
|_gat_gtag_UA_157024370_1||Google uses this cookie to distinguish users.||1 minute||analytics|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.||1 day||analytics|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years||analytics|
4. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
a) To provide our Online Services to you
b) To help us improve the Online Services and fix any problems
We may process information about you (including Basic Information, User Content and Analytics) so that we can analyse and improve our Online Services.
This processing is also necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of (i) ensuring that our Online Services function properly so that you and other users have the best experience when playing any of our Game(s) and using the other Online Services; (ii) improving the quality of our Online Services, and providing a better experience to our users; (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs in the Online Services; and iv) understanding the effectiveness of our marketing to attract new users and re-engage our current users at an aggregated level.
c) To acquire new users and engage current users
We may process information (including some Advertising Data and Analytics) to encourage engagement from our less active users and to notify them with new virtual items or other promotions on offer.
We may process this information to pursue our legitimate interests of acquiring new users for our Games.
We use various forms of marketing to acquire new users. The information we collect about you may be used to improve the relevancy of our marketing, including the creation of ‘lookalike’ audiences. This allows us to offer more relevant marketing to potential new service users without using information that personally identifies you.
d) To improve the monetisation of the Games via in-app purchases
We may process information (including Basic Information, User Content, Advertising Data and Analytics) to understand how users use our Games, and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity, as well as understanding how users progress, and their current status within a Game. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of improving the Games and increasing the amount of revenue generated via in-app purchases. This may include the implementation of dynamic pricing models, so that in-app purchases are priced according to relevant factors, such as geography and gameplay progression so that we can offer temporary promotional discounts.
We will not pass your information to third parties for the purposes of dynamic pricing unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
e) For advertising purposes
We may process Advertising Data to show you advertisements for third party services; including advertising that may reward you with benefits during your use of the Games.
The information we collect about you may be used to understand how advertisements placed in our Games have performed or how many people have viewed certain advertisements. We aggregate this information so that it does not personally identify you or permit you to be treated individually.
We may also use this information to reward users with benefits that can be used for further enjoyment of the Games from the viewing of certain advertising placed in our Games.
We will not pass or process your information for the purposes of marketing by third parties unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
We may use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements in our Games. We do this to provide you with more relevant advertising content. We work with the following third party advertising networks :
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Unity: https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Admob: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
If you would like to find out more about the way these third parties collect and process your information please refer to their respective privacy policies and/or terms and conditions by clicking on the links provided above.
f) To prevent fraud and illegal activity
We process personal data for our legitimate interests of ensuring that any use of the Online Services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, to enforce our legal rights and also in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You may not copy, download, or embed any User Content without the express written permission of the content owner. You may not use any User Content for any commercial purposes, or any public performances.
We work with Apple and Google to assist us with fraud prevention and the detection of any illegal activity (e.g. to verify in-app purchases made through iTunes and Google Play).
5. DATA SHARING
Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Enforcement: We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Green Games, our customers, or others.
Digital Content Stores: Where the Games are downloaded though Google Play, iTunes and/or Amazon Appstore, we may disclose your personal information to Google, Apple and/or Amazon respectively for the purposes of facilitating any in-Game payments made through these platforms.
6. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We process your personal information via automated decision making methods in order to identify users who are suspected of cheating in the Games. Our automated decision making methods are designed to detect cheating by looking out for (i) excessive currency stores against actual completed gameplay; and (ii) excessive content against actual purchases made and completed gameplay.
If users are determined to be or suspected of cheating the following actions may be taken and which will be unknown to the user:
an increase in the number of advertisements displayed within the Games; and
an increase in the frequency of suspected cheats playing against other suspected cheats.
We may block users from the Games and/or the Online Services who are determined to be cheating following an automated decision process. In this scenario the user will be notified of the outcome and will have the right to obtain human intervention to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision to block access to the Games and/or the Online Services.
7. CONSUMER CONTROL AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
If you do not wish to be part of a lookalike campaign, receive notifications from us or be served with targeted advertisements you can opt-out by changing your advertising and notification settings on your device directly. You can withdraw your consent to targeted advertising by changing your advertising settings on your device at any time.
8. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out in the table below. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest. To make a request, please let our Data Protection Officer know by sending an email to email@example.com.
a) Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
b) Object to us processing data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- you consented to our processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent;
- we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
- we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of Green Games or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
- the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations;
- the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
c) Obtain a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
- If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, or if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
- If you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
d) Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via the support services.
If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, our databases are password protected and limited to essential employees only (such as Green Games management or employees whose main role requires system access).
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
12. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Where you make in-Game purchases via iTunes or Google’s Play store, the confirmation that your purchase is valid as required by Apple or Google for such purchases will be processed using servers hosted in Singapore in the event that there is a problem with the servers hosted in Ireland. The servers we use for this purpose are hosted by Amazon Web Services.
Basic Information used for Matchmaking services, where users may play against other users, may be processed using servers based in Singapore or US in addition to Ireland and Germany, reflecting the global player base of the Games. The servers we use for this purpose are hosted by Amazon Web Services. We recommend that you refer to the privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of these third parties if you are concerned about your data being transferred outside the EEA.
Where we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we have agreements in place with those parties which include standard data protection clauses adopted by a data protection regulator and approved by the European Commission to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
13. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS & CCPA
If you are a California resident, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you have certain rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at the details set out at the end of this Policy.
Please see above for:
- the date on which this Policy was last updated (at the top of this Policy)
- categories of personal information collected about you in the last 12 months (see paragraph 2)
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected (see paragraph 2 and 3)
- purposes for collecting personal information (see paragraph 4)
- categories of third parties with whom we share personal information (see paragraph 5)
- categories of personal information we have disclosed within the last 12 months (see paragraphs 2 and 5)
- categories of personal information we have sold within the last 12 months (see paragraph 2c and 4f)
We have disclosed and sold personal information to third parties within the last 12 months to our third-party advertising networks (see paragraph 4f). We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorisation.
You can designate an authorised agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. The authorized agent must submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf and proof of their own identity.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within three business days.